Updated June 26th, 2020.
At East West Gem Company, the wellness and safety of our clients is at the center of everything we do. Our team is consistently monitoring any state and national updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we continue to have a dialogue on how this impacts both clients and our team alike. We are continuing to work to maintain transparency during this time, as this is new territory for all of us.
Here is what you need to know:
1. After months of virtual showings due to Covid-19, our showroom will reopen on June 30th, by appointment only. We ask that you only bring along one guest, and masks are required in our building at all times for the safety of our employees and clients. All showings are now 45 minutes, to give our showroom manager a chance to thoroughly clean between every showing. If you are not local to LA and have a Zoom showing scheduled from the Covid-19 time period, we are happy to honor that for you; all new showings booked from this date forward will be held in-person only, so our team can focus on manufacturing.
2. Existing orders will be delayed. We are providing updates to all clients via email every Monday, with any and all updates we have. Orders will be completed in the order they are received. All orders that are impacted or delayed by this will be complimentary overnighted.
3. We are continuing to take orders at this time. Our CAD designers and stone cutters are positioned to work remotely and this part of the process remains unaffected. Our casters and setters are finally able to come back to work, in a socially-distanced (half) capacity. Our casters are currently working one day a week (due to them being high-risk), so this process is taking longer than normal. Our pieces usually take 4-6 weeks, but our new lead time for all new orders is an estimated two to three months.
4. Our QC team disinfects and cleans each ring prior to sending, for our remote clients, due to the fact that bacteria can remain on an inanimate surface for several days. This is a practice we have always done and will continue to, as an exemplary sanitary standard to protect our clients.
5. We kindly ask that you hold onto any resizing or repair requests at this time. We will alert all clients once we are able to accommodate these requests again. We need to accommodate clients who have delayed proposals first before we can open up for repairs/resizing. Please contact our team to be added to our repairs notification list.
We want to sincerely thank all of our past, current and perspective clients in your understanding and kindness as we innovate and adjust to the new normal. We work with a vast majority of our clients remotely and will continue to for the clients who prefer to create a piece, from the comfort and security of their own home. As always, our team is always happy to accommodate any requests.
Wishing wellness, safety and piece of mind to all of you, both domestically and internationally.
Brenna + East West Gem Co. Team and Artisans.